Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Orioles News - Staying Or Going? (Part Four)

For the next couple of blogs, I will write about a player on the Baltimore Orioles and whether or not I think they will be back next season. The player I will write about today is Daniel Cabrera.

Daniel Cabrera, Starting Pitcher

Wait, is this the insanely inconsistent pitcher for the Baltimore Orioles? The guy who one-hits the New York Yankees on one night, but will come out and give up 6 runs and 7 walks the next? Yep, that's the same guy. He lead the Major League's in losses last year. Sure, he can throw hard, but will he ever get his control down? I can't answer you that, but I can answer the question of: What are the odds that he will be in an Orioles uniform next year? I'm 93% sure that Daniel will be back. I haven't gotten word of any rumors involving him so far. Plus, I think the O's are holding onto him for his potential. He has potential to be great, and has shown flashes of that at times. The O's don't want to give up Cabrera in case he does turn out to be good. I'm through waiting. I want him to leave, but it won't happen this off season. - John T.

No comments: